Firelights is a condensed and open licensed solo/co-op role-playing game about a guided journey across a plagued land. It is a game of exploration, discovery, and challenges inspired by the Metroivania video game genre.
Players take on the role of a last of its kind lone-protagonist whose role is to guide back the dead back to the underworld after a corruption took over.
Using only the most accessible gaming material (2 six sided dice, a deck of card, and a notebook), players will tackle challenges, evade danger, explore and create a map of the land, fight dangerous bosses, search for treasures, and more.
The game features:
- A beautiful tri-fold PDF easy to print at home which contains all the game's mechanics, rolling tables, and a character sheet.
- Seven player facing actions to confront risk, search for treasure, buy information, discover a region, fight Curses, evade danger, and getting answers.
- A map making mechanic which uses a standard deck of card to build a Metroidvania style map.
- Rolling tables for regions, themes, events and NPC backgrounds.
- Fully open licensed text available for use under the CC-BY v4 license.
- and more...
Creator Kit and SRD
Firelights was designed to be accessible, and easily hackable. Which is why its entire text has been open licensed under the CC-BY license and is available for free on itch in the Firelights Creator Kit and SRD. The kit includes the game's open licensed SRD text along with many guidelines to help you design your own game based on the engine that powers Firelights.
Format: trifold pamphlet (1 page RPG)
Number of players: 1
Publisher: Fari RPGs
Press kit: Link